Dark circles are not alien to us. It is a common problem that both men and women may face in day-to-day life. Dark circles under the eyes are usually harmless and not severe, but they can make you look tired and older than your age. It may be caused due to improper sleep and prolonged work in front of the screen (computer, laptop, mobile).
It gets worse with stress and depression. The skin around the eyes is relatively thin, delicate, and sensitive compared to the other body parts. Our face is like a mirror; any changes that occur in our body get reflected on our face. Dark circles are not something that cannot be treated. You just require a healthy diet, proper sleep, good exercise, and need to follow some home tips to get rid of dark circles. This blog will throw a light on how to remove dark circles naturally at home permanently, followed by some quick tips. Luckily, there are some natural remedies that can help you to remove dark circles permanently. We will share these tips with you at the end of this blog.
What are Dark Circles?
Dark circles are the dark patches under the eyes. They occur when blood vessels near the surface of your eyes are dilated, causing a shadow effect. Dark circles can occur due to several factors, including heredity, aging, sleep deprivation, and hormonal change. The dark circles under the eye area can make you look tired and older than you really are. The dark circle is usually not a medical problem, but it causes dark patches on the skin around your eyes. However, if you face both discoloration and swelling eyes simultaneously, then consult your doctor.
Causes of Dark Circles
Dark circles under the eyes can be caused due to variety of factors:
Fatigue is one of the most common causes of dark circles. Oversleeping, sleep deprivation, or staying up past your bedtime may result in dark circles under your eyes. If you are spending extra hours in front of your screen, then it may also cause dark circles under the eyes. Exercise can help reduce exhaustion by improving blood circulation and strengthening muscles.
Aging is another cause of dark circles. As we grow old, our skin loses elasticity and gets thin. Over time, this causes discoloration and dark spots around the eyes. It may also lower the collagen level, which maintains the skin’s elasticity.
A common cause of dark circles is eyestrain, which occurs when you stare at a screen for too long. It can be caused by reading in poor light or looking at a computer for too long. Your phone can also cause eyestrain, so it’s important to take breaks from using your devices if you notice any symptoms like
- Headaches or migraines
- Eye irritation or burning sensation
- Dry eyes that burn and become red when exposed to light
Anaemia is a condition in which your body lacks healthy red blood cells. It can cause fatigue, weakness, and shortness of breath. Your skin will look pale and yellow, and dark circles will appear around your eyes. Anaemia may be caused by various factors, including diet and lifestyle. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, then visit your doctor and increase fluid intake.
Allergic reactions can cause dark circles. Whenever we have an allergic reaction, our body releases histamines, a chemical substance that fights the viruses and bacteria in our body. Allergies also cause redness, itchiness, and watery eyes, which increases the urge to rub eyes and causes dark circles.
Dark circles may be caused by dehydration, a condition that results from not drinking enough water. Dehydration may have many causes, including stress and medication. It’s also common for people to experience dehydration after improper sleep due to drinking alcohol or caffeinated beverages. If you have dark circles under your eyes and are experiencing other signs of dehydration, such as dry mouth and thirstiness, try drinking more water throughout the day.
Sun overexposure can cause overproduction of melanin, a skin pigment that gives colour to your skin. An excess amount of melanin in the body will cause the skin to get dark and the formation of dark circles on the skin.
Top 15 Methods to Remove Dark Circles Permanently at Home Naturally
Follow these methods to remove dark circles permanently.
- Cold Compress – Apply a cold compress for 10 minutes every day. It is an effective measure to reduce dark circles.
- Cucumber – Cucumber contains skin-lightening agents and astringent properties, which help to reduce dark patches around the eyes.
- Lemon Juice – Apply lemon juice to the dark circles and wash it off with cold water. It will drastically reduce the dark patches around your eyes.
- Rose Water – It does not only smell good but also helps to reduce dark circles. Apply rose water using a cotton ball to soothe and rejuvenate your skin.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain lycopene which is beneficial for your vision and skin. Mix tomato juice with lemon juice and apply it with the help of cotton balls for effective results.
- Cold Tea Bags – You can also use cold tea bags instead of a cold press. Just soak the tea bag in the water and freeze it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Apply it two times a day for the best results.
- Potatoes – Potatoes are a great source of vitamin C which helps in reducing dark circles. Just wash the potato and cut the slices of it. Place it directly on your eyes and leave it for 15 minutes for the best results.
- Cold Milk – Milk is rich in vitamin A and retinoids, which brightens your skin and make it look young. Apply it daily using cotton pads to reduce dark circles.
- Orange Juice – Orange juice is rich in vitamins A and C. It reduces dark circles and brightens the skin.
- Vitamin E Oil – Vitamin E helps to reduce free radicals responsible for aging and wrinkles. A daily massage with vitamin E Oil helps in improving dark circles.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties which lighten dark circles.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains multiple beneficial properties. It is a powerful natural antioxidant that reduces dark circles.
- Drink Enough Water – Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration. It will improve your dark circles and brighten your skin.
- Reduce Alcohol Consumption – Alcohol consumption not only causes injuries to health but also causes fluffy eyes and dark circles. It also dehydrates your body, so avoid it as much as possible.
- Eye Massager – A regular eye massage regulates the blood flow beneath your skin and improves dark circles.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Dark Circles
Use these Ayurvedic treatments to remove dark circles naturally at home:
1. Use Aloe Vera and Cucumber Face Cream and Cleanser
(i) Try Aloe Vera and Cucumber Face Cream to eliminate dark circles. It contains the goodness of aloe vera gel and cucumber extracts and nourishes the skin deep within. Apply it daily at night for the best results.
(ii) Also, wash your face with Aloe Vera and Cucumber Face Cleanser, and then pat dry your skin before applying the cream.
2. Try Honey and Almond Oil
Honey and almond oil are both natural products that can help you remove dark circles. To use them, combine two tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of almond oil. Apply the mixture under your eyes and wash it off with clean water after 20 minutes.
3. Almond and White Clay Soap
Almond & White Clay Soap/100gm
The Tatvik Ayurveda’s Almond & White Clay Soap is a paraben-free natural soap. Almond oil in this soap helps in reducing acne, dark circles, puffiness, skin blemishes, and stretch marks. The White Herbal Clay detoxifies the skin and improves blood circulation. Wash your face daily with this soap to reduce dark circles.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has long been praised as a natural astringent, which helps to tighten the skin and reduce puffiness. It can also reduce dark circles around your eyes.
- Fill a small cup or bowl with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) and warm water.
- Dip a clean cotton ball into the mixture and apply it all over your under-eye area using light strokes from the inner corner of your eye toward the outer edge of your brow bone, then repeat on another side until you’ve covered both eyes completely.
Tips to avoid Dark Circles
Follow these tips to remove dark circles permanently:
- Avoid stress – Stress can cause your body to produce more melanin, which can cause dark circles.
- Avoid smoking – Smoking causes blood vessels to constrict and slow the blood flow. It causes veins to become more visible and causes discoloration in the skin around them.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it excessively, especially when going to bed, dehydrates your body and makes you tired which can lead to swelling of tissues under the eyes and making them appear darker than usual.
- Avoid too much Caffeine – Try not to drink too much caffeine as it will make your body release adrenaline into your system that may cause irregular sleep patterns leaving you feeling fatigued during the daytime hours when you need energy most.
Choose Tatvik Ayurveda for Ayurvedic Treatment to Remove Dark Circles
Dark circles under the eyes can be a real pain, especially when you have to look your best for work or a special event. Luckily, plenty of natural remedies are there to get rid of them. The best part is that most of these treatments will only take a few minutes before you start seeing results. Choose Tatvik Ayurveda to buy Ayurvedic products to reduce dark circles. Each product of Tatvik Ayurveda contains organically grown natural ingredients which do not have any side effects on the skin. Tatvik Ayurveda is a well-known health and wellness brand, providing customers with 100% organic and natural products.
Q1. How can I remove dark circles permanently at home?
Ans. Use cold milk to remove dark circles. You can also follow any of the tips in the blog to remove dark circles.
Q2. Are dark circles permanent?
Ans. Dark circles are not permanent and can be cured using some home tips mentioned above.
Q3. Can Ice remove dark circles?
Ans. Ice will help to reduce the dark circles, but you can also use Cucumber Face Cream to remove dark circles.
Q4.What deficiency causes dark circles?
Ans. Dehydration, stress, poor sleep, and prolonged work in front of the screen can cause dark circles.
Q5. Does coffee reduce dark circles?
Ans. Yes, coffee contains caffeine which helps to reduce dark circles.
Q6. How can cold milk remove dark circles?
Ans. Apply cold milk to the dark circles using cotton balls. Milk contains lactic acid which helps in brightening the skin and reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
Ans. Cucumber contains skin-lightening agents and astringent properties which help to reduce dark patches around the eyes.