Personal hygiene means how you follow cleanliness in your daily routine to prevent disease and maintain health. Every day our body comes in contact with millions of viruses and bacteria, which may harm our body by causing infections and diseases. When our body’s immune system is weak, these viruses and bacterias overpower our immune system, and we get a fever. It can be prevented by following good personal hygiene tips.
Good personal hygiene is an essential aspect of being healthy. Keeping clean and taking care of your body, in general, can help you to avoid illness and infection. It can also minimize the risk of getting infected by the Covid-19 virus. This blog will discuss the benefits of following personal hygiene tips and the types of personal hygiene you should follow at home. You can also explore hygiene products such as Neem & Tulsi Handwash and Neem & Tulsi Hand Sanitizer from Tatvik Ayurveda, which you can use in your daily hygiene practice.
What Is Personal Hygiene?
Personal hygiene is the practice of keeping oneself healthy, clean, and happy. In other words, personal hygiene is essential to prevent infections and illness. It also benefits your mental health because it helps you feel comfortable with yourself.
Why Is Personal Hygiene Important?
Personal hygiene is important for oneself as it helps in prevention of spreading infections and communicable diseases. Those unhygienic germs can also pass to your face, eyes, nose, and mouth if you touch an infected surface. Many diseases spread through human contact, but we can avoid them by practicing proper hand washing techniques and other forms of personal hygiene tips. Poor hygiene can lead to severe illnesses such as:
- Covid-19 and communicable diseases
- Cold & Flu
- Tooth decay
- Frequent cough and sneeze
Types of Personal Hygiene
Personal hygiene refers to the practice of keeping yourself clean. It can be divided into multiple segments.
1. Toilet Hygiene
Always wash your hand with Hand Wash after every usage of washroom. Rub your hands for 20-30 seconds, and don’t forget to clean your nails and between your fingers.
2. Shower Hygiene
It depends on your personal needs, but usually, you should take a bath at least once a day. Use soap or body wash while taking a shower to clean germs, dead cells, and excess oils from the skin.
3. Teeth and Nail Hygiene
Brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning and another before going to bed. Prefer to keep your nails short. It will prevent dirt and germs from getting stuck to the nail area. If you have long nails, brush them regularly to avoid dirt and germs.
4. Hand Hygiene
Germs can easily enter your mouth, nose, eyes, and ears through your hands; hence always follow hand hygiene:
- When you sneeze
- After touching an animal
- Before and after eating
- After throwing garbage
- After touching an infected surface or private parts
4 Personal Hygiene Tips for Kids
Follow these personal hygiene tips for kids:
1. Hand Washing
Always wash your hand before and after taking a meal, changing a diaper, after daily routine, and touching the infected surface. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap or Aloe Vera & Cucumber Handwash to kill the germs. Teach your children the importance of washing hands to prevent illness. The regular habit of washing hands with your children for good personal hygiene.
2. Nail Hygiene
As a parent, you can clip your child’s nails, but you must teach them to follow nail hygiene as they grow old. Nails are the breeding ground for infectious germs, and you must clip your nails and clean them while washing your hands with hand wash.
Bathing is essential for personal hygiene to follow at home. You must be giving your baby a regular bath, but as they turn five, you should start teaching them to take a bath on their own and the important body parts which need to be cleaned while bathing, especially:
4. Brushing Teeth
It is one of those activities which kids generally hate the most! But brushing your teeth is as important as taking a bath. Parents must brush the teeth of their kids the moment they pop out. But as they grow old, you should teach them how to brush their teeth properly.
Top 8 Personal Hygiene Tips to Follow Daily
- Take Daily Showers:- It is the best way to keep infections and diseases away. Always take a shower once or twice a day. You can use Aloe Vera & Cucumber Soap to clean your body’s germs and dead cells accumulated throughout the day.
- Choose Face Cleanser:- Our face skin is the most sensitive part of our body and needs proper care. Clean your face with Basil & Saffron Face Cleanser to remove pollution and skin impurities from your face.
Basil and Saffron Face Cleanser
- Brush your Teeth Everyday:- Brush your teeth twice a day for clean and white teeth. Regular tooth brushing and flossing prevent gum disease.
- Wash your Clothes Regularly:- Wash your clothes regularly to clean the sweat, germs, and dirt. Unwashed clothes not only smell bad but are also a breeding ground for germs and bacteria, which may cause fever and infections.
- Clean your Ear Wax:- Ear wax is a protective layer produced by our body that protects us from bugs, dirt, and bacteria. Use a cotton swab to clean your ear wax.
- Get Rid of Bad Breath:- Bad breath can affect your personality in front of others. Use tongue cleaner to get rid of bad breath. Scrubbing your tongue while brushing your teeth helps to prevent bad breath.
- Trim your Nails:- Clip your toenails and fingernails regularly to prevent them from becoming breeding grounds for bacteria and dirt.
- Clean your Feet: Clean your feet regularly to prevent disgusting stink. No doubt, smelly feet can affect your personality. Use lemon mixture and baking soda to get rid of stinky feet.
Benefits of following Personal Hygiene Tips
Here are some of the benefits of following personal hygiene tips:
- It helps you feel more confident when you look good.
- You might have fewer infections, rashes, or colds if you wash your hands regularly.
- Taking care of your teeth and mouth makes eating much more enjoyable and less painful!
- Your skin will be healthier and softer if you use soap regularly, which means fewer acne breakouts.
- Being clean helps prevent disease transmission (like the flu and Covid-19).
Follow Personal Hygiene Tips for Good Health and Personality
It is crucial to inculcate personal hygiene in your daily routine and make it a lifelong practice. The habits you form today will affect your health as an adult, so it’s crucial to make personal hygiene a part of your life.
1. How can you improve hygiene?
Ans. Follow the cleanliness (bathing, hand washing, brushing) and personal hygiene tips mentioned above to improve hygiene.
2. What is a personal hygiene checklist?
Ans. Brushing, bathing, clipping your nails, and wearing clean clothes should be on your personal hygiene checklist.
3. What is the most important part of personal hygiene?
Ans. Washing your hands after using the toilet and regular bathing is the most important part of personal hygiene.