Hair is one of your body’s most important parts, enhancing your outer appearance. If you have thin hair, it can make you look older and less attractive. According to hair experts, thick and voluminous hair gives you confidence, enhances your personality, and makes you look younger and more energetic. The best way to grow thick hair naturally is to avoid using chemical treatments and heat-styling tools. You can also use natural remedies that help increase the volume of your hair and improve its overall health.
There are several reasons for losing hair thickness, including genetic problems, chemical hair treatment, hormone imbalance, and lack of nutrients required for hair growth in the body. This blog will discuss the causes of thin hair, and you will also learn how to thicken hair naturally. It will also inform you about the ayurvedic hair care products which you can try to thicken hair naturally.
What Causes Hair To Lose Thickness?
Numerous factors can cause hair loss, including damage from heat, chemical-based hair treatments & blow dryers, stress, hormonal imbalance, age, lack of nutrients such as vitamins A, B5, and C, and genetics.
- Heat Treatments:- Heat styling treatments to the hair, such as hair straighteners and blow dryers, can cause thin and damaged hair.
- Chemical-based Hair Products:- Hair care products that contain chemical ingredients can make your hair lose its thickness. It can damage and make it hard for the hair shaft to retain moisture, which leads to dryness and breakage. It also affects your scalp’s ability to produce oil, which helps keep your hair conditioned.
- Deficiency of Hair Nutrients:- Vitamins A, C, E, & B5, iron, and folic acid are essential hair nutrients that promote hair growth and thickness.
- Stress:- You heard it right! Stress also contributes to hair loss and thin hair. It’s important for you to have a stress free lifestyle; you can follow exercises and practice meditation to control stress and depression.
- Hormonal Imbalance:- Decrease in estrogen and progesterone levels can lead to slow growth of hair and thin hair. It can be caused due to unhealthy diet, stress, increased body fat, and Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Women going through menopause may experience an increase in estrogen production that leads to less growth on top of their heads and more shedding at the ends—a result of hormonal changes in their bodies.
- Genetics Problem:- Genetics is one of the prominent causes of thin hair. If your parents have thin hair in your family, you’re much more likely to grow up with the same problem—especially if you’ve inherited the gene for male pattern baldness.
Is It Possible to Thicken Hair Naturally?
Yes, it’s possible to thicken hair naturally. Here are five ways to get thicker hair without sacrificing your health:
- Eat more protein-rich foods. Protein helps to grow new cells in your body and strengthen existing ones, so it’s important to include protein in your diet for healthy and thick hair.
- Use essential oils and herbs in your shampoo and conditioner.
- Use coconut oil on your scalp at least once a week.
- Drink more water! Hydrated hair is healthy hair!
- Massage your scalp daily with Onion, Hibiscus and Beetroot Hair Oil for at least 60 days to see visible changes. It will reduce stress, improve blood circulation to your scalp, and promote hair growth.
How To Get Thicken Hair Naturally?
The best way to grow thicken hair naturally is to minimize the damage as much as possible. You can do this by using a deep conditioner twice a week or a heat protectant before using hair-styling tools on your hair.
- Eat Healthy Foods:- Eat fruits and vegetables rich in protein, vitamins C, E, and B6, and minerals. These are essential nutrients required for hair growth.
- Use Essential Oils:- Hair experts recommend using essential oils to reduce thin hair. You can try Moringa, Aloe Vera and Green Tea Hair Oil to increase hair thickness and treat damaged hair. It contains pure almond oil, amla extract, and neem oil, providing deep nourishment to hair, reducing dandruff, killing lice, preventing premature greying, and promoting new hair follicles.
- Use Anti-Thinning Shampoo: Anti-thinning shampoo helps grow new hair and reduce thin hair. Try Nirmalkesha Charcoal and Tea Tree Shampoo Bar to improve baldness and thin hair. It is enriched with iron, vitamins A & E, and activated charcoal extract, which prevents dandruff, hair dryness and makes hair thick & lustrous.
- Use Honey: This is one of the most common home remedies for thicken hair. You can use it as a hair mask or even as a food source. Honey contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to promote healthy scalp and hair growth.
- Use Olive Oil: Olive oil is another popular home remedy for thicken hair naturally. It helps to moisturize your scalp and increase blood flow to the area, which promotes healthy hair growth.
- Use Rosemary Oil:- In research, it has been found that rosemary oil is very effective in reducing scalp itching and increasing hair thickness. Use Prajakta Rosemary, Lavender & Bhringraj Hair Serum from Tatvik Ayurveda which adds lustre to hair and protects it from free radicals. It contains plant glycerine, bhringraj extract, lavender oil, and rosemary oil; these ingredients provide multiple benefits to the hair, such as reducing dandruff, itchiness, split ends, hair dryness, and promoting hair thickness.
Generally, natural and ayurvedic hair treatments take some time, but they provide multiple benefits and do not cause any side- effects to your hair and body. It will take around 60-90 days to see the visible changes to your hair. Follow these tips and massage your hair with coconut oil to increase hair follicles.
Use Ayurvedic Hair Treatment for Thicker Hair
Many people are looking for ways to thicken hair naturally. Several Hair care products in the market contain harmful chemicals that can cause more damage than good. It is important to avoid damaging your hair and eat a nutritious diet to keep it healthy. You should also use the right products, like thickening shampoos, conditioners, and serums, which contain natural ingredients. If you follow these tips, you will notice an improvement in the thickness of your hair in no time.
Hair experts highly recommend preferring ayurvedic and natural ingredients-based hair care products for thicker hair. It does not cause any side effects and helps your hair to grow naturally. Use Nirmalkesha Charcoal and Tea Tree Hair Oil for scalp massage, which improves blood flow beneath the skin of your scalp and nourishes your hair. You can buy hair care products from Tatvik Ayurveda. We are a reputed skin and hair care brand with decades of expertise. Our products are free from animal cruelty and vegan.
Q.1 Can thin hair become thick again?
Ans. Yes, thin hair can become thick if you follow a protein-rich diet and treat your hair with natural and ayurvedic hair care products.
Q.2 How do you stop hair from thinning?
Ans. Do regular exercise to reduce stress, and include green leafy vegetables and protein-rich food in your diet. You can also apply hair oils like Henna with 8 Herbs Hair Oil, Power of 3 Greens Hair Oil, and 3 Red Goodness Hair Oil to control thinning of hair.
Q.3 Why is my hair so thin that I can see my scalp?
Ans. Several factors cause thin hair, such as hormonal imbalance, poor diet, stress, hereditary problem, heat treatments, and chemical-based products. Explore ayurvedic hair care products on Tatvik Ayurveda to cure thin hair.
Q.4 Which oil is best for hair growth and thickness?
Ans. Charcoal and Tea Tree is the best hair oil for hair growth which you can buy from Tatvik Ayurveda.