If you’ve ever had a bad hair day, you know how frustrating it can be. But if you regularly face frizzy hair, it might be due to an underlying condition. But don’t worry; frizzy hair is annoying, but you can cure it at home without any expensive solution or professional help.
Frizzy hair is a very common hair issue people face daily. It is caused mainly due to lack of moisture and dry hair. Anything which causes hair dryer makes frizz worse. In this blog, we will discuss the causes of frizzy hair and how to get rid of frizzy hair by following some quick tips.
What Causes Frizzy Hair?
The culprit behind frizzy hair is a reaction between the water in your hair and the air around it. The water in your hair will react with the air, causing it to expand and form bubbles. The more porous your hair is, the more susceptible to fizziness it will be.
The best ways to prevent this from happening are by using products that seal off the cuticle (a layer of overlapping scales on each strand of hair) or by using products that add moisture back into your strands after cleansing your hair with shampoo.
Common Reasons for Frizzy Hair
Here are the common reasons for dry and frizzy hair.
Too much heat styling: Due to heat treatments by straighteners and curlers lead to loss of moisture and cause dry and frizzy hair.
Too much coloring: The chemicals in hair colors weaken the cuticles and make them more vulnerable to frizz.
External Environment: Exposure to the sun’s harmful rays, air pollution, and humidity causes frizzy hair.
Winter dry weather: Dry hair and dry skin are common issues people face during winter, and dryness is one of the causes of frizzy hair.
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair?
You can try using a good shampoo and conditioner. The best way is to use a deep conditioner once a week. You could also use a serum to lock moisture into your hair. It would be best if you use gentle shampoo and conditioner specifically made for people with frizzy hair textures. Make sure that both products are sulphate-free because this will help calm down any frizziness you might have experienced after washing your hair. Moreover, oiling is also an excellent way to reduce frizzy hair. It helps to retain moisture in your hair.
Try These Tips to Cure Frizzy Hair
If you have thick, frizzy hair, follow these tips to cure frizziness at home.
- Wash your hair with cold water. It prevents hair from dryness and frizz.
- Use a leave-in conditioner after shampooing. It will retain your hair’s moisture from drying out as much by adding moisture back into the strand.
- An increase in split hair can increase the frizziness of your hair. Trim your hair regularly to prevent split ends and frizziness.
- Avoid using blow dryers to dry your hair. Let the natural air dry your hair.
- Use a detangling spray between shampoos to reduce tangles and breakage. It’ll help prevent damage that can make your strands look more frizzy than normal.
- Use a smoothing serum before blow-drying or styling with heat tools like straighteners or curling irons. Hair serums create an invisible barrier on your strands that help smooth out any flyaway that happens during styling.
- Use a heat protectant like hair serum and hair masks before using hair products or styling tools.
Products for Preventing Frizzy Hair
Dryness and lack of moisture are the main reason for frizzy hair. If you treat these root causes, your hair will automatically return to normal. You can use these hair treatment products to cure frizzy hair.
Rosemary, Lavender & Bhringraj Hair Serum
It is an excellent product that helps to retain moisture in your hair. It contains natural ingredients like plant glycerine, bhringraj extract, lavender oil, and rosemary oil. These powerful ingredients help to moisturize your hair and prevent hair damage like (split ends, hair fall, baldness, and dry hair). Wash your hair with shampoo and damp dry it with a cotton towel. Apply this serum to your hair and massage it from roots to ends. Use this hair product regularly for the best results.
Onion and Rosemary shampoo
Shampoo Onion & Rosemary/200ml
The onion and rosemary shampoo moisturizes your hair and prevents dryness. It also treats damaged hair caused due to air pollution and sun exposure. This shampoo contains the goodness of onion juice, glycerine, raw organic honey extract, and rosemary essential oil. Use it regularly to prevent frizzy hair and dryness.
How to use it?
- Wet your hair with cold water and saturate the excess water from your hair.
- Apply a small amount of shampoo to your palms and gently massage it to form leather.
- Wash it thoroughly with cold water to remove all the shampoo from your hair.
Choose Tatvik Ayurveda for All your Hair Care Need
We at Tatvik Ayurveda provide natural hair care solutions to cure dry and frizzy hair. Explore the variety of hair care products for your hair needs. Visit our website to buy hair serum, hair conditioner, hair masks, hair shampoo, and hair oil made from organically grown herbs. Due to its all-natural composition, it has no side effects. We are a well-known brand in the ayurvedic hair care industry, providing ayurvedic treatment for all hair care needs.
Q.1 Does frizzy hair mean damage?
Ans. Frizzy hair is a kind of hair damage caused due to loss of moisture in the hair.
Q.2 Is frizzy hair genetic?
Ans. No, frizzy hair is not genetic.
Q.3 What causes extremely frizzy hair?
Ans. Loss of moisture due to air pollution and heat causes frizzy hair.
Q.4 Which serum is best for frizzy hair?
Ans. Rosemary, Lavender & Bhringraj Hair Serum is the best remedy to cure frizzy hair.